Thursday, October 8, 2009
Yup, tonight is the night where we receive a new president to replace the incumbent or outgoing president Bro. Izzudin Nadzrin......
The election was pretty tight, as we, didn't have a slight clue who's going to be the next president.
After two days of campaign, with a strong vote of 390, Bro. Don Luqmanul Hakim Don Biyajid was elected and chosen to be the next president of the Science Student Society for the year 2009 and 2010.
Congratulations and Salutations to Bro. Don.
The full list of the board will be announced later.
With this post, it signifies the end of my term(running this blog). I, Mohammed Nabil Mahamad would like to apologize, if there is any wrongdoing and mistakes while handling this blog for almost year.
Everyone makes mistakes, including me, but a human will also learn from their mistakes (even though some won't) and make improvements for a better day.....
With this, I'll certainly hope, the person who will manage this blog, would do a better job than me.....
Here I posted a link to Bro. Don Facebook page, if you want to know about him..... http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1387833852
Friday, October 2, 2009
As all of you might have known, SCIENCESS is holding it's annually Professional Career Week for the year 2009. Yup, many activities had been planned.
Tomorrow, 03/10/09 is going to be the climax it. So, here, we would like to invite everyone to join the Career Seminar which will be held at KOS Auditorium from 8am-5pm. Learn the potential of the 4 Quadrants after students life.
Of course, its free and most surprisingly if you attend, you'll also get a free lunch....
So, why not you come and drop by tomorrow........
Friday, September 11, 2009
Yup, some of us had finished their mid-semester exam, and for some unfortunate individuals, there are still few after the holiday. Well, good luck and remember tawakal to Allah.
After the holiday, many Sciencess program which had been put on hold will go on. Career Week, Sciencess AGM, Sciencess AGD and the biggest for our campus is the 2009 I-Quest. We hope everyone involved can get give their fullest commitment and hope everyone can join in as well.
Well, we think, this post might be the last few post from us. We hope someone would take over and give their full attention to this blog. The blog team would like to apologize if there is any wrong doing or mishaps and we are really sorry as we couldn't keep update of all the program that had happened.
Lastly, we would like to wish everyone a Happy Eidul Fitri..........!!!!!!
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Today is a very sad day indeed for Sciencess students. One of our student, Nur Maslina, 2nd year CTS, had been involved in an accident at JHC today.
Unfortunately, Allah loved her the most. Her friend receives minor physical injury.
Tomorrow night, there will be solat sunat jenazah ghaib and tahlil at Masjid KOM, IIUM Kuantan. It will be held at 8 pm. Everyone is invited.
Everyone, lets have a moment of silence and recites Al-Fatihah to her.
May Allah swt forgive her and place her soul among the righteous in the Hereafter.
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
It's really has been quite a long time since we updated this blog.. This 3 months has been quite holiday and for some doing their industrial training....
We on behalf of the Sciencess Blog Team and also the Sciencess Board and Exco's would like to welcome our new brothers and sisters to Kuantan. Yup.. Kuantan is nice place indeed....
Here are some pic's :
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
“The International Career Carnival 2009: Global Opportunities for Competitive Workforce” (ICC ’09) is a platform where international employing organizations’ requirements are matched with graduate students as well as experienced hire from various fields and disciplines. With keynote speakers, company presentations and exhibits, workshops on international careers and one-on-one interviews, the ICC ‘09 is an event that must be attended by those interested in recruiting global talents as well as those keen on working in an international environment.
The ICC ‘09 provides the opportunity for graduate students and experienced professionals to expand their career horizons by having them as pre-registered candidates and scheduling one-on-one interviews with international companies or multinational companies based in Malaysia. The ICC ‘09 is also facilitating internship opportunities with international companies. An interview schedule will be made during the carnival for successful pre-registered candidates where the employing organization will notify the candidate earlier. This opportunity must be fully utilized since time is limited to cater to interviews for walk-in candidates who register during the ICC ‘09 itself.
- Providing all graduating students and graduates with demands, realistic job preview and opportunities in the international job-market.
- Providing experienced professionals with opportunities to enhance their career mobility and progress in the international job-market.
- Educating the workforce to be aware of the reality of workplace, work expectation and working outside of Malaysia as a career option.
- Facilitating the needs of international employing organizations by matching their demands with global workforce in terms of niche areas of research, expertise and competitiveness.
- Providing opportunities to international employing organizations to outreach their potential employees and internships.
- To support the global need in developing its human capital development agenda through an internationally competitive workforce.
- Building a strong relationship and powerful industrial network between the governments, international academe and employing organizations.
- To deliver useful information on the current global job market and its demand to the general public.
- Company Exhibition – Company Exhibition expects about 100 participants from employing organizations (multinational companies, and international companies) NGOs, and international higher learning institutions, and government agencies.
- Scheduled One-on-One Interviews – Job Interview and selection assessment will be organized by participating organisations. Candidates can email their resume and an interview will be made during the carnival for successful pre-registered candidates where the employing organisation will notify the candidates earlier. Please send your resume by June 15, 2009 to email@example.com
- Company Briefing Sessions – Company Talk is a session for participating companies to promote their companies or the job vacancies offered by them.
- International Career Workshop
- Keynote Address
- Career Tests - Career Test helps job seekers to identify their career interest and job-related personality types. Various career-related psychometric tests will be administered by qualified psychological assessors. They subsequently help you to understand your test score, and guide you to suitable careers, and career seeking activities.
- Career Talk for Parents – experts will be talking to parents to guide them on ‘career talk parenting
You can contact the person incharge for more information
Name: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Junaidah
Name: Dr. Aldila
Alumni and Career Services Division
International Islamic University Malaysia
53100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 603 - 6196 4032
Fax: 603 - 6196 4751
Monday, May 11, 2009
The first posting after the final exams. Hope everyone been enjoying their holiday. To those taking short-sem, good luck and those who are undergoing industrial training, have fun.... I'm having great fun here....
Anyway, here is a forwarded message from, Tnc Bureau..
KARNIVAL KERJAYA & KEUSAHAWANAN GRADUAN 2009 (K3G)
PELUANG KEEMASAN KEPADA PARA GRADUAN YANG SEDANG MENCARI PEKERJAAN.
Kementerian Pengajian Tinggi Malaysia akan menganjurkan Karnival Kerjaya dan Keusahawanan Graduan 2009 (K3G) yang akan diadakan pada 15 Mei hingga 17 Mei 2009 di Pusat Dagangan Dunia Putra (PWTC), Kuala Lumpur.
Lebih dari 10,000 peluang pekerjaan dalam pelbagai bidang akan ditawarkan kepada graduan yang masih menganggur atau graduan yang sedang mencari pekerjaan tetap.
K3G akan disertai oleh 400 hingga 600 pempamer yang terdiri daripada:-
- Syarikat Swasta;
- Agensi Kerajaan/ Badan Berkanun;
- Syarikat Berkaitan Kerajaan (GLC);
- Syarikat Senaraian Awam (Public listed company);
- Entepris Kecil dan Sederhana (SME); dan
- IPTA dan IPTS.
K3G ini adalah terbuka kepada graduan di peringkat Sijil, Diploma, dan Ijazah Sarjana Muda dari Kolej Komuniti, Politeknik, dan IPTA serta IPTS.
K3G juga akan diisi oleh aktiviti-aktiviti berikut:
- Pameran Kerjaya dan Keusahawanan;
- Bengkel Keusahawanan;
- Ceramah dan Klinik Kerjaya;
- Temuduga Terbuka;
- Khidmat Perundingan/Kaunseling Kerjaya;
- Khidmat Perundingan Keusahawanan;
- Klinik Resume; dan
- Ceramah Motivasi
Adalah dimaklumkan, satu sistem pendaftaran secara barcode akan dilaksanakan sepanjang berlangsungnya karnival ini. Graduan adalah dinasihatkan untuk membuat pendaftaran dengan lebih awal melalui laman web www.mycef.com.my
Graduan juga adalah dipohon supaya:-
- Berpakaian kemas dan sopan untuk menghadiri karnival ini;
- Membuat pendaftaran lebih awal bagi mengelakkan kesesakan pendaftaran pada hari karnival; dan
- Menyediakan dokumen penting seperti resume, gambar dan sijil-sijil berkaitan.
KEHADIRAN ANDA PASTI MEMBERI SERIBU MAKNA DAN MENJADI SATU PERMULAAN YANG BERHARGA BAGI DIRI ANDA
Untuk maklumat yang lebih lanjut sila layari www.mycef.com.my
Sebarang pertanyaan berhubung Karnival ini bolehlah hubungi;
Bahagian Hubungan Industri, Jabatan Pengajian Tinggi di talian
03- 8883 6549/6535/6547/6573/6458/6548
Friday, April 10, 2009
Yeah, we know.. the exams have started already. Our hands was kind of tied up lately. Sorry for the late update.
In this very short space, we, on behalf of the SCIENCESS Blog team, PRI, would like to wish everyone luck on their past and forthcoming exam.
Its just an exam, but do your best, it'll haunt you later on. Trust us....
Yeah, we are in the exam mod. Everybody will have to study somehow or another. Even though, its last minute, make do with you have... haha
Anyway, here a little report on SCIENCESS Family Day 09 orgnaized by Sport and Rec. Bureau. It was held during the middle of March, just a few day SCIENCESS Islamic Cultural Festival Week was held.
This year, Taman Gelora was chosen. Although it was raining heavily during the day, it does not damper the participant spirits.
Many event was held such as Sand Castle Building, Cooking Competition, Sukaneka, Beach Volley Ball and many more. And don't forget, the annualy held Musical Chair.
The result?? Violet(new sport house form) was announced as the winner with highest point, followed by Chartreuse, Coral, Magenta and finally Dodge Blue.
To the loser, don't worry, its just a game and to the winner, don't be too proud, who knows you might the unlucky one next time (Just kidding).
Here are the pics, courtesy of Zickreeworld.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Last week, IAB and SCW Bureau of Sciencess organized the Islamic Cultural Festival 09. It was the first ever event to be held and the duration was roughly about a week. Many programmes were held. Exhibitions from International Students Society Kuantan, stalls from students and also from outside exhibitors.
To further heat the things up, Busana Muslimah Show, Bicara Seni and the climax, KOS Starz was held. It was indeed an enjoyable event with many new and familiar faces joining the festivities.
In all my 3 years as a student, this was the first kind of event to be held. We hope this kind of event will be continue in the future.....
I'll try my best to get some pictures, but now no pics yet.....
Sunday, March 1, 2009
Saturday, February 21, 2009
Attention to 4th & 3rd year students of CTS...
If you are interested to join us for the trip to Ministry of Finance and Department of Statistics in Putrajaya, please visit our booth for registration.
Venue of registration: CTS Lounge
Date : 23th to 26th of February 2009 (Monday to Thursday)
Time : 10.30am-11.30am and 2.00pm-3.00pm
Seats are very limited.. Come on..Hurry up!!Register your name as early as you can.. =)
Any inquiries and questions about this programme, please ask during the registration.
Thank you very much.. =)
-program under TnC Bureau.
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Yup, we already know the winner.
3rd place : Nabil Abbas's group
2nd place: Bad's Group
1st place: Zack's group.
There were also the special awards, best picture award goes to first year group(sorry guys, I can't remember your name, sumimasen...), mystery award, Hanan's group and most hilarious, Safwan's group.
"these were 'cilok' from szakif's blog"
These are the tasks that they need to complete in order to win the prizes. Believe me, we don't let them to win RM500 just like that. Extra efforts are essential. What you are about to read below aren't as easy as reading it through. Hehe...
Tasks 1: Taman Pertanian Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah
- Find ostrich. They were only given its scientific name: Struthio camelus.
- Find "Meranti". They might be confused; is it a name for a tree, or a camp?
- Buy RM5 batik drawing.
- Paint the batik. The challenge was that some groups that came late to the checkpoint needed to wait because there were limited number of paints and the paintings themselves.
- Find 5 species of animals based on their scientific name. They needed to take pictures with the animals. Mind you, although it was a mini zoo, it's still hard to find each of them.
- Find the foe of the crocodile. It's actually kancil. They might be confused between kancil and deer.
- Ride a pony 2 rounds. It's a very easy task. Hehe...
- Find 3 ikan bakar restaurants.
- Find Mak Cik Wok and Pak Cik Husin's keropok lekor stall and buy RM1 of the food. The stall has no signboard so the participants had to ask the villagers.
- Dress a dummy using the provided textiles.
- Find the exact textile in the shop. Can you imagine, how tough it is to find it in a shop full with thousands of textile designs?
- Find one person among the public and ask him/her to sing Pahang state anthem.
- Sing along with him/her.
- Prepare a kite and fly it at the field. They were provided with anything thus they need to buy the equipments on the spot.
- Find few things like dinasour, cobra, Sleeping Buddha, lady looking into a mirror, elephant, monkey, fish etc. The challenge was that, they needed to climb to enter the cave. The things in search were scattered every where inside and outside the cave and they were not easily found.
- Count the number of steppings leading up and leading down to the cave. The challenge was that, the steppings were unorganized with different sizes and height. The answers are: leading up: 130 and leading down: 150.
- Find a "broken" pitcher plant (periuk kera). It is actually not the plants, but a slightly broken signboard. They need to act like a monkey in front of it.
- Act like a TV commersial: the fisherman and the fish inside the river.
- Light a bonfire.
- Unlike other checkpoints, they were only given the clue "Kuantan". What they need to find was huge alphabets of KUANTAN at Benteng.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Tomorrow, KOS first ever Explorace will be held.
So, We the blog team would like to wish everyone luck in their journey.
Don't rush, rushing can kill you.
Don't forget to wear your seatbelt. This goes for everyone. Don't want to? Just have RM300 in your pocket ready.
Jgn lupa baca doa naik kenderaan.
Lastly, May the best team win!!
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Those who read this blog might have some idea that I love traveling and I have traveled a lot around Kuantan area. In fact, I have gone to some places few times by bringing friends of mine who visited the places.
Due to that, I was thinking of conducting an Explorace-like programme because I think there a lot of great places around Kuantan that people might not know. I forwarded my suggestion to Mujahid, the HeadComm of Sports and Recreation Bureau of SCIENCESS and I ended being selected to be the Programme Manager for the game.
Since I have reasonable capacities for that reason, I accepted the job. So people, I would like to attract your participation by these particulars. Pay attention!
- No fees at all!
- Petrol subsidy worth RM10
- Breakfast and lunch provided
- Prizes worth RM500, RM350 and RM200
- Certificates provided for all participants
- Having fun around Kuantan while racing
- Being challenged with tasks that aim basically to promote recreational places around Kuantan area
Other particulars about the programme:
- Race on 14th February 2009 (Saturday, 8AM - 5PM) and Prize Giving Ceremony on 16th February 2009 (Monday, 12PM - 1.15PM)
- 20 groups of 5 members each
- Must drive car during the race
- Must bring camera (digicam or handycam)
- Students and staffs of Kulliyyah of Science (KOS)
Don't hesitate and wait. Contact Bro. Fadil 0122089244 or Sr. Sulha 0139753253.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Last Sunday, our campus was visited by students from CENFOS. Madam Nazira, Miss Safiyyah, Bro Nazim and Bro Nazir was there also accompanying them.
Well, they arrive an unexpectedly with one bus arriving on time and another quite late, but still they can still hear the briefing. The program began with the arrival of students and VIP's. As usual, the program preceded with opening remarks from both sides, then briefing from each department and the multimedia presentation. We also have the pleasure of listening to Bro Dzaqqe Yameen Quranic recital of Surah Luqman. He was the ex exco for IAB (Islamic Affairs Bureau).
Around 76 students (or more or less, can't remember the exact number though). Briefings, sharing moments, KOS tour and the exhibition was the more highly anticipated. I believe they want to have a look at our hostel, but we apologise, as we are limited on time.
The ramblings here is not that important, but the things sought most is the pictures. So here there are:
well, that's not all, I'll post the link to the pictures later on
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Just acquire a new info. Previously the nomination date was scheduled yesterday, 16 January 2009 while the election on 19 January 2009. However, the update tells that nomination date is postponed to 19 January 2009 while the election is on 22 January 2009, Thursday.
It was also revealed on Malaysiakini http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/96624.
-Sources from Szakif,IIUM Bloggers
any latest news will be available to you immediately
Friday, January 16, 2009
Greetings from us, the Sciencess blog team!!
As you all have known last night, GASS VIII was held. As usual, GASS was held to welcome our new brothers and sisters embarking their journey here, in Kuantan. FYI, GASS stands for Gathering of Science Students.
To make it short, GASS began at 6 pm (it's starting to become earlier and earlier, than the previous one). The biotech students however arrived a bit late. They've got class in the evening. As usual, it began with speeches by the Dean (Prof Rizdwan) and by the Academic Advisors ( Br Supian for CTS, Dr. Md Nor (for biotech) and Sr. Zaitun (for Biomed). Dr Jesni was present also.
After Maghrib prayer, the Multimedia Show and the performance commenced. The Kompang team was there to entertain us with their familiar song. Then, the Exco's was introduced. After that, it was the lucky draw. Normally, the sisters were the lucky one with an exception of 1 brother.
Also, the Mentor Mentee program was launched. The ambassador, Br. Zulkifly Yunus, briefly introduce about the program and its aim. The seniors was given a bunch of juniors, where the seniors have to overlook and help their mentees in any way they can (more info will be given later). Later on, the seniors join in the juniors during the sharing moment session.
Roughly, the 58 new students enrolled this semester, however not all can make it.
Here are some pics:
(want it more clearer?, just click the picture......)
more pictures are available here :
-Your Sciencess Blog Team-
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Down! Down! Israel!!!
Those were the words chanted by the students. The assembly was held right after the Friday prayer in front of KOM(Kulliyah of Medicine) Square. Almost all student of the campus were there to show their support. They are also join by students from KIPSAS. It was held between a joint effort between the ex-SRC of IIUM Kuantan and all society. Our society weren't left out as well.
Even though it was raining, the students was full of spirit. Media representative were also present.
Below were the resolution announced:
- To boycott products from Isreali allies
- To donate for the Palestinian.
- To send humanitarian aid to Palestine.
- To recite Qunut Nazilah every time after performing prayers.
Preparation for the assembly
The protest, the clouds are angry as well
Friday, January 9, 2009
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Here are just some info on what going on in Wackos. On the 2nd of January, the crew assembled at 11 a.m. there. The purpose was to arrange Wackos back to its proper order.
Here are some pics:
Monday, January 5, 2009
It’s the New Year already and also you can say the beginning of the new semester even though its already the third week of the semester. SCIENCESS had new people and this blog also had a new person in charge. Anyway, that concludes the introduction.
As some of you might have known, the CTS Lounge had moved to a new area. It’s still in the same block, but different place. The old lounge become the new GPCL (General Purpose Computer Lab).
The moving took place on the 1st of January 2009. It begun at 8.30 am, where the volunteers starts to the gather at the old lounge at level 1. The stuff was packed and brought down to the ground floor near the toilet. The volunteers were split into two groups. The sisters, clean, unpacked the stuff and arrange it into the new lounge. The brothers meanwhile, with the help of Dr Samsun and Dr. Salihi, brought in the new computer desk into the old lounge. Later on, the sisters helps the brothers brought down the computer to the old lounge and set it up. Some of the sisters prepared refreshment to top-up the energy loss.
Here are some pics.....
Sis helping to clear out the old lounge
It moves as the lounge moves
Quite heavy aren't they?
Mmm, the first to try the new PC....
New GPCL established....
Resting...... at the new lounge
Dr Samsun seen helping out the crew.....
Well, the new GPCL was established. The lounge moved. All work was completed at 11.30 a.m. What do you get after letting all that sweat out ? Well, you guess its the refreshment.
Anyhow, we would like to thank all the CTS Lounge crew and other volunteers from Biotech, Biomedic and CTS. It's a hard work indeed, but it'll pay off later on. Also, come and visit the new GPCL (at the old CTS Lounge) and the new CTS Lounge(now located ground floor). There might be something useful for you.....