“The International Career Carnival 2009: Global Opportunities for Competitive Workforce” (ICC ’09) is a platform where international employing organizations’ requirements are matched with graduate students as well as experienced hire from various fields and disciplines. With keynote speakers, company presentations and exhibits, workshops on international careers and one-on-one interviews, the ICC ‘09 is an event that must be attended by those interested in recruiting global talents as well as those keen on working in an international environment.
The ICC ‘09 provides the opportunity for graduate students and experienced professionals to expand their career horizons by having them as pre-registered candidates and scheduling one-on-one interviews with international companies or multinational companies based in Malaysia. The ICC ‘09 is also facilitating internship opportunities with international companies. An interview schedule will be made during the carnival for successful pre-registered candidates where the employing organization will notify the candidate earlier. This opportunity must be fully utilized since time is limited to cater to interviews for walk-in candidates who register during the ICC ‘09 itself.
- Providing all graduating students and graduates with demands, realistic job preview and opportunities in the international job-market.
- Providing experienced professionals with opportunities to enhance their career mobility and progress in the international job-market.
- Educating the workforce to be aware of the reality of workplace, work expectation and working outside of Malaysia as a career option.
- Facilitating the needs of international employing organizations by matching their demands with global workforce in terms of niche areas of research, expertise and competitiveness.
- Providing opportunities to international employing organizations to outreach their potential employees and internships.
- To support the global need in developing its human capital development agenda through an internationally competitive workforce.
- Building a strong relationship and powerful industrial network between the governments, international academe and employing organizations.
- To deliver useful information on the current global job market and its demand to the general public.
- Company Exhibition – Company Exhibition expects about 100 participants from employing organizations (multinational companies, and international companies) NGOs, and international higher learning institutions, and government agencies.
- Scheduled One-on-One Interviews – Job Interview and selection assessment will be organized by participating organisations. Candidates can email their resume and an interview will be made during the carnival for successful pre-registered candidates where the employing organisation will notify the candidates earlier. Please send your resume by June 15, 2009 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company Briefing Sessions – Company Talk is a session for participating companies to promote their companies or the job vacancies offered by them.
- International Career Workshop
- Keynote Address
- Career Tests - Career Test helps job seekers to identify their career interest and job-related personality types. Various career-related psychometric tests will be administered by qualified psychological assessors. They subsequently help you to understand your test score, and guide you to suitable careers, and career seeking activities.
- Career Talk for Parents – experts will be talking to parents to guide them on ‘career talk parenting
You can contact the person incharge for more information
Name: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Junaidah
Name: Dr. Aldila
Alumni and Career Services Division
International Islamic University Malaysia
53100 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 603 - 6196 4032
Fax: 603 - 6196 4751