Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Iftar Jama'i

With these kinds of events, it's always fashionable to be late. Which is why I arrived at just before 7 P.M. Not that it was intentional. I wanted to come early. Its just that I had to wait for a certain someone to take a bath and finish his 10-minute karaoke session in the shower. Anyway, people were still queuing up to get their replacement tickets when I got there. I could see Bad at the ticket counter looking flustered. I actually haven't paid but had written my name on the list, and I didn't have a coupon. So I waited for the rest of the biotech third-years, one of whom was holding my coupon. When they turned up, I was told someone had already paid for my behalf. What a nice surprise it was! =D Jazakallah to that kind soul.

This year's Iftar Jama'i was just as good as last year's. Though I can't say much about the early evening's itinerary (I was told there was a talk by Dr. Ibrahim Shogar and a video show), the food was amazing for the RM 3 fare. We had nasi beriyani, rendang ayam, and acar. There was one other kuah, but I can't remember what it was... They limited the number of participants to just 22 people for each class, which is too bad because WacKOS could've accommodated more people if they'd just moved more tables aside.

When everyone had taken their seats on the woven plastic mats, and the Azan was called, we recited our Du'a` and broke fast with the Tamr provided. There was also a kuih which I didn't know the name of... Or was it just agar-agar? Some didn't waste any time in digging into the delicious nasi beriyani. For a few very long minutes, everyone ate in silence, savouring the food they dreamed of so much in the day, fearing a 3 Ringgit misspent.

After wolfing down the food and guzzling down the orange juice, we prayed Maghrib (some in the Musolla and some in WacKOS) together. It was kinda uncoordinated (notice that always happens?). We should've all prayed in WacKOS, but some people took their time, so one thing led t another... Anyway, I always love these get-togethers cause you get to get to know new faces and mingle with crowds you're unfamiliar with. Iftar Jama'i is something I look forward to every year. I guess everyone does, judging from the attendance. Hope it gets better and better in the following years =)

I never got down to it, so here it is:

On behalf on SCIENCESS, Ramadhan Mubarak to everyone!

P.S. To the organising comittee: Great job! =D Just hope you can accommodate more people next year. Nice thought providing us with tissues. Can't live without them -_-

P.P.S. Don't forget about the talk on how to Celebrate Aidilfitri According to Sunnah next Monday, 9:45 P.M. at Sisters' CF!

No comments: